Sunday, February 20, 2011

5K Fever!

So yesterday I signed up for my first 5K in almost 2 decades.. and I am pretty excited. I'll be running the Arrowhead Medical Center 5K in Colton, and I am hoping for good quiet weather ie no wind. The race isn't until March 12th so I still have a few weeks to train, and I just mapped myself a new 3.2 route to make things easier.

I ran the route today because the weather was good, and lo and behold - I ran a 26:28!!! I rounded it up to 26:35 just because my route was a little off so I had to make sure I actually ran the entire distance so I could get a realistic time. A bit of my route forced me onto dirt/gravel rather than road or sidewalk, and that likely tacked on at least 10 seconds. I am hoping to run a sub 26 at the 5K race.. and to think before my run today I was just hoping for 27:30!

I'm pumped! I hit an 8:48 avg mile pace! Now if I can only train enough to make that my avg for a 10K.. hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment